Sunday, September 18, 2011

bird on limb

Here is another bird design I got on Shutterstock designed by Yulia M.

I think I am most happy so far with Buzz-2-Stitches when the image I am working with is a "cartoon" image, that is, an image with no shading, instead of an "illustration", that is, an image with shading. Let me show you what I am talking about.

Here are two images.  The first image you should recognize, it is image used to create the embroidery design above.  The second image is an illustration that I got on Shutterstock designed by Dianka Pyzhova.


Do you see how the globe has quite a bit of shading?  When I first looked at the globe I thought that it would be a great image to digitize.  But after digitizing and sewing it, I found out there were a lot of colors going on. Just take a look at the water.  There are at least seven, maybe even eight, different colors of blue.  It would have been better if I would have touched up the file first to have only three or four different blues.

Here is the globe stitched out.


I wasn't so impressed!  I only used two different blue colors.  When they said to switch I told it "no thanks!"  Buzz-2-Stitches actually didn't catch all the different colors, either.

If you would  like to try either of these designs, you can down load the free embroidery design files in .hus version here, for the bird on the limb and, here, for the globe

No comments:

Post a Comment